Monday, November 17, 2014

10 Pick Me Ups for the 3pm Slump



My mind and my soul embrace the day between 7am and 10am. Some days I have more energy than others. Like most people, I hit a wall somewhere around 3pm. Can't go over it, can't go under it, we'll just have to go through it. Here are 10 little pick me ups I sometimes pull out to get me through with greater joy. Or least I'm far less b*tchy.

1. 10 jumping jacks. Or 2. It depends.

2. Plank! 10 seconds...sometimes 60. Yes, just one.

3. Go outside, feel the sun (or fog...) and breathe. Long and slow. 

4. Walk up our hill and back down again. Sometimes around the block. Sometimes for an hour. But for a quick pick me, up and down the block with pep do the trick.

5. Make Dandelion Root Tea and pretend it's coffee. It's pretty darn close!

6. Powder my nose. Brush my teeth, fluff my hair, put on some fresh balm and let the world know I'm ready to make my entrance! Again. Or least back to the kitchen with a more shine. I swear this actually works.

7. Drink a big glass of lemon water. Preferably with a few cucumber slices.

8. One slow, thoughtful Sun Salutation. It helps that I wear leggings with or without stretchy skirts pretty much every day.

9. Pop off a love note. Text my kids something I love about them (the big grown ones, that is), a card that just says hi to someone near and dear, or just text a friend I'm thinking of them.

10 Sit by the sea. This has been my draw since I can remember. The ocean. It helps that I have always lived minutes from the beach. Did you know the salt in the sea (and the Earth) contain negative ions that help zap out all the positive ions bombarding us from technology and even dis-ease? I thought I was just a beach girl. Turns out, my heart has known all along where I need to be. 

Bonus:
11. Dance! Sometimes I can go forever, sometimes I finish the song dancing on the floor down with Em but the rule is I have to finish the song. This is Emily's favorite little trick!

What gets you out of the 3 o'clock slump and ready for the rest of your day? Leave me a note below and maybe I can add a new trick to my bag, too.

xo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...